Saturday, January 9, 2010

James Carville on Full-Body scans...."Tape measure anyone?"

I want to thank James Carville, Democratic Apologist Extraordinaire, and political gadfly for his remarks Friday on WTEM’s Tony Kornheiser Show. In the contentious national and international debate over Full-body scans of airline passengers, Mr. Carville provided one of the most sophomorically humorous, yet “real” remarks on the subject.

Mr. Carville, an advocate of the full-body scan, said that if the screeners were so inclined, the were free to take a measurement of a certain intimate anatomical appendage that only he, his wife, Republican Apologist Extraordinaire Mary Matalin, and perhaps his personal physician should be familiar with. To say that I was surprised by this would be an understatement. I was so taken aback that I replayed the remark a couple of times just to be sure I heard it correctly. Much to my chagrin, I had.

The man lacks class and decorum necessary for a serious T.V. audience or to be part of a national discourse on a major issue involving the health and safety of millions of flyers worldwide, not to mention people on the ground....

Then I thought about it again, and smiled...

It WAS an absurd, course, tasteless and completely inappropriate remark. But it was a funny, funny remark, in a Lenny Bruce / Richard Pryor sort of way.

So lighten up people. Take it in the spirit that was intended and then consider the source.

No comments: